Upvote Upvoted 7 Downvote Downvoted
Show what weapon i am using without view models?
posted in Customization
0 Frags +

Is there a way to have the hud show me what weapon i am using? I prefer no viewmodels but i am finding myself occasionally trying to heal someone with my ubersaw and vice versa.

Is there a way to have the hud show me what weapon i am using? I prefer no viewmodels but i am finding myself occasionally trying to heal someone with my ubersaw and vice versa.
8 Frags +

Maybe a player model in the bottom right corner?

Maybe a player model in the bottom right corner?
4 Frags +

cl_hud_playerclass_use_playermodel 1

ninja'd :(

cl_hud_playerclass_use_playermodel 1

ninja'd :(
2 Frags +
Hypnotizecl_hud_playerclass_use_playermodel 1

Like that

[quote=Hypnotize]cl_hud_playerclass_use_playermodel 1[/quote]
Like that
9 Frags +

If you don't want the hud player model thing on you could have your viewmodels show when you switch weapons until you click

bind MOUSE5 "slot1; viewmodel_fov 90; r_drawviewmodel 1"
bind MOUSE4 "slot2; viewmodel_fov 90; r_drawviewmodel 1"
bind mwheeldown "slot3; viewmodel_fov 90; r_drawviewmodel 1"
alias +attackhide "+attack; r_drawviewmodel 0"
alias -attackhide "-attack"
bind mouse1 "+attackhide"

Is what I have

If you don't want the hud player model thing on you could have your viewmodels show when you switch weapons until you click

[code]bind MOUSE5 "slot1; viewmodel_fov 90; r_drawviewmodel 1"
bind MOUSE4 "slot2; viewmodel_fov 90; r_drawviewmodel 1"
bind mwheeldown "slot3; viewmodel_fov 90; r_drawviewmodel 1"
alias +attackhide "+attack; r_drawviewmodel 0"
alias -attackhide "-attack"
bind mouse1 "+attackhide"[/code]

Is what I have
0 Frags +

You could try using slightly different crosshairs for each med slot, and linking each crosshair to a weapon

You could try using slightly different crosshairs for each med slot, and linking each crosshair to a weapon
4 Frags +

Depending on the extent of the hud player model customization couldn't you create custom models that consist only of the weapon in use and not the class.

Depending on the extent of the hud player model customization couldn't you create custom models that consist only of the weapon in use and not the class.
6 Frags +

http://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/25576/potential-hud-concept

please i need this in my life :(

http://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/25576/potential-hud-concept

2 Frags +

I have my view models on for melee, it makes judging the hits easier. For primary and secondary I have them off, but I just look at the ammo, which I think is easier than looking at your player model.

Having different crosshairs for each slot is another good idea.

I have my view models on for melee, it makes judging the hits easier. For primary and secondary I have them off, but I just look at the ammo, which I think is easier than looking at your player model.

Having different crosshairs for each slot is another good idea.
4 Frags +
GiraffeDepending on the extent of the hud player model customization couldn't you create custom models that consist only of the weapon in use and not the class.

Yeah I have this on medic, it works well. The only issue is if you use a banned weapon it shows you holding the banned weapon instead of stock. Kind of annoying if a server has a weird whitelist and you don't realize something like the crossbow is banned until you try to use it.

You need to edit each class's player model in order to make sure it is centered on the right area for that class's weapons.

Screenshot:

Show Content
[quote=Giraffe]Depending on the extent of the hud player model customization couldn't you create custom models that consist only of the weapon in use and not the class.[/quote]

Yeah I have this on medic, it works well. The only issue is if you use a banned weapon it shows you holding the banned weapon instead of stock. Kind of annoying if a server has a weird whitelist and you don't realize something like the crossbow is banned until you try to use it.

You need to edit each class's player model in order to make sure it is centered on the right area for that class's weapons.

Screenshot:
[spoiler][img]http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/442825735533467764/9FB5DE8DCF8D8EDCD9A343D3A50AFD90ADFE9F19/[/img][/spoiler]
2 Frags +

You could use the achievement tracker + other methods of having more than one HUD crosshair and instead of a crosshair just have the name of your weapon. or you could go full crazy and make a font file with an icon of the weapon instead of using text for the name. This would really only work for one class at a time though. You could have it say PRIMARY, SECONDARY, MELEE if you wanted an all class solution.

I just use colour coded crosshairs, yellow for primary, green for secondary, red for melee.

You could use the achievement tracker + other methods of having more than one HUD crosshair and instead of a crosshair just have the name of your weapon. or you could go full crazy and make a font file with an icon of the weapon instead of using text for the name. This would really only work for one class at a time though. You could have it say PRIMARY, SECONDARY, MELEE if you wanted an all class solution.

I just use colour coded crosshairs, yellow for primary, green for secondary, red for melee.
0 Frags +
Geknaiirhttp://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/25576/potential-hud-concept

AFAIK the section in hudlayout.res for this is actually very expansive and gives a lot of options. I haven't experimented with it myself (and most of the values in there are completely unique to that so I have no idea what they do), but it could be worth playing around with.

[quote=Geknaiir]http://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/25576/potential-hud-concept

please i need this in my life :([/quote]
AFAIK the section in hudlayout.res for this is actually very expansive and gives a lot of options. I haven't experimented with it myself (and most of the values in there are completely unique to that so I have no idea what they do), but it could be worth playing around with.
1 Frags +
DanceNumberYou could use the achievement tracker + other methods of having more than one HUD crosshair and instead of a crosshair just have the name of your weapon. or you could go full crazy and make a font file with an icon of the weapon instead of using text for the name. This would really only work for one class at a time though. You could have it say PRIMARY, SECONDARY, MELEE if you wanted an all class solution.

http://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/21339/three-hud-crosshairs-toggle-able-working-concept/?page=1#368690

[quote=DanceNumber]You could use the achievement tracker + other methods of having more than one HUD crosshair and instead of a crosshair just have the name of your weapon. or you could go full crazy and make a font file with an icon of the weapon instead of using text for the name. This would really only work for one class at a time though. You could have it say PRIMARY, SECONDARY, MELEE if you wanted an all class solution.

I just use colour coded crosshairs, yellow for primary, green for secondary, red for melee.[/quote]

http://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/21339/three-hud-crosshairs-toggle-able-working-concept/?page=1#368690
0 Frags +

Broesel Crosshair switcher

Broesel Crosshair switcher
0 Frags +
Geknaiirhttp://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/25576/potential-hud-concept

Could you not create a bind to use the command(s) for the weapon wheel to switch to weapon 1 and click automatically? What I mean is when you press 1, it will technically be using the select-and-click method of switching weapons, but you will auto click. This would mean you are really using the same button to switch weps, but you would be able to see it on the screen, for example bind 3 "slot3;(then put a command to input a click into the game, such as +attack might work. You could even do it outside the game)". The weapon wheel wouldn't be on the screen forever, or in the center of the screen but it's a start so you can switch weapons without the delay of clicking to confirm switch. I hope this was what you were looking for.

[quote=Geknaiir]http://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/25576/potential-hud-concept

Could you not create a bind to use the command(s) for the weapon wheel to switch to weapon 1 and click automatically? What I mean is when you press 1, it will technically be using the select-and-click method of switching weapons, but you will auto click. This would mean you are really using the same button to switch weps, but you would be able to see it on the screen, for example bind 3 "slot3;(then put a command to input a click into the game, such as +attack might work. You could even do it outside the game)". The weapon wheel wouldn't be on the screen forever, or in the center of the screen but it's a start so you can switch weapons without the delay of clicking to confirm switch. I hope this was what you were looking for.
1 Frags +
Tame_ImpalaGeknaiirhttp://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/25576/potential-hud-concept

I'm messing with this right now and i think you need wait commands to actually make this not buggy

[quote=Tame_Impala][quote=Geknaiir]http://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/25576/potential-hud-concept

Could you not create a bind to use the command(s) for the weapon wheel to switch to weapon 1 and click automatically? What I mean is when you press 1, it will technically be using the select-and-click method of switching weapons, but you will auto click. This would mean you are really using the same button to switch weps, but you would be able to see it on the screen, for example bind 3 "slot3;(then put a command to input a click into the game, such as +attack might work. You could even do it outside the game)". The weapon wheel wouldn't be on the screen forever, or in the center of the screen but it's a start so you can switch weapons without the delay of clicking to confirm switch. I hope this was what you were looking for.[/quote]
I'm messing with this right now and i think you need wait commands to actually make this not buggy
0 Frags +

i'm using this: (aron's crosshairswitcher)

alias aslot1 "slot1;cl_crosshair_file crosshair7;cl_crosshair_scale 32;cl_crosshair_red 0;cl_crosshair_green 255;cl_crosshair_blue 0;r_drawviewmodel 0;viewmodel_fov 95;MW1"
alias aslot2 "slot2;cl_crosshair_file crosshair5;cl_crosshair_scale 32;cl_crosshair_red 0;cl_crosshair_green 255;cl_crosshair_blue 0;r_drawviewmodel 0;viewmodel_fov 20;MW2"
alias aslot3 "slot3;cl_crosshair_file crosshair7;cl_crosshair_scale 32;cl_crosshair_red 0;cl_crosshair_green 255;cl_crosshair_blue 0;r_drawviewmodel 1;viewmodel_fov 110;MW3"

alias Q1 "aslot2"
alias Q2 "aslot1"
alias MW1 "bind mwheelup aslot3;bind mwheeldown aslot2;bind q Q1"
alias MW2 "bind mwheelup aslot1;bind mwheeldown aslot3;bind q Q2"
alias MW3 "bind mwheelup aslot2;bind mwheeldown aslot1"

bind 1 aslot1
bind 2 aslot2
bind 3 aslot3
bind 4 slot4
bind 5 slot5

aslot1

you can change crosshairs, viewmodels, works with 1-3 buttons and with mouse wheel

i'm using this: (aron's crosshairswitcher)
[quote]alias aslot1 "slot1;cl_crosshair_file crosshair7;cl_crosshair_scale 32;cl_crosshair_red 0;cl_crosshair_green 255;cl_crosshair_blue 0;r_drawviewmodel 0;viewmodel_fov 95;MW1"
alias aslot2 "slot2;cl_crosshair_file crosshair5;cl_crosshair_scale 32;cl_crosshair_red 0;cl_crosshair_green 255;cl_crosshair_blue 0;r_drawviewmodel 0;viewmodel_fov 20;MW2"
alias aslot3 "slot3;cl_crosshair_file crosshair7;cl_crosshair_scale 32;cl_crosshair_red 0;cl_crosshair_green 255;cl_crosshair_blue 0;r_drawviewmodel 1;viewmodel_fov 110;MW3"

alias Q1 "aslot2"
alias Q2 "aslot1"
alias MW1 "bind mwheelup aslot3;bind mwheeldown aslot2;bind q Q1"
alias MW2 "bind mwheelup aslot1;bind mwheeldown aslot3;bind q Q2"
alias MW3 "bind mwheelup aslot2;bind mwheeldown aslot1"

bind 1 aslot1
bind 2 aslot2
bind 3 aslot3
bind 4 slot4
bind 5 slot5

aslot1[/quote]

you can change crosshairs, viewmodels, works with 1-3 buttons and with mouse wheel
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.