Upvote Upvoted 69 Downvote Downvoted
1 2
Insomnia55 Coverage Info & Fundraiser
posted in News
tsc
June 28, 2015

With top teams having reached their fundraising goals, we are proud to announce more information about the coverage for Insomnia55.

teamfortress.tv Production of the Insomnia55 Team Fortress 2 Cup

For the second year running, teamfortress.tv will be producing the premier annual intercontinental tournament. Selected matches in the invite group on Friday, August 28th and in the upper and lower brackets (including the upper bracket final, the lower bracket semifinal, and the lower bracket final) on Saturday, August 29th will be covered live at the event for on-site spectators as well as broadcasted on the teamfortress.tv Twitch channel for viewers across the world. teamfortress.tv will also be involved in producing the tournament grand finals on Sunday, August 30th for the live audience and viewers on Multiplay's Twitch channel. The production lineup is expected to include:

• Alex "dashner" Pylyshyn, lead producer
  • Anthony "gecks" Miserendino, commentator
  • Josh "Sideshow" Wilkinson, analyst & commentator
  • Chris "WARHURYEAH" Parker, analyst & commentator
  • Xavier "CommanderX" Hardy, analyst & commentator
  • Matt "bluee" McNamara, technical producer
  • Anthony "Airon" Oetzmann, audio engineer
  • Austen "tagg" Wade, photographer & videographer
  • Ness "uberchain" Delacroix, photographer & videographer
  • David "DavidTheWin" Green, in-game cameraman
  • Finn "Sim" Smith, in-game cameraman
  • Jay "mana" Kim, production coordinator

Fundraiser

In order to fulfill both of these objectives, we need your support! A production fundraiser is going live today with the goal of giving important staff members travel support and acquiring necessary equipment so that we can continue to raise the limits for TF2 live production.

Money raised will be used for the following purposes, in order of importance

1. flights for Airon ($300) - In order to produce Insomnia55 at a high level of quality, a very complicated audio setup is required, and having someone as experienced and talented at audio engineering as Airon dedicated to the event will help production run smoothly (as demonstrated by his work at theGXL Universe 2014).
  2. flights for Tagg ($600) - Tagg has provided invaluable high quality photography and videography at several Lan events and his addition to the i55 team would significantly improve the level of media coverage. $600 raised beyond Airon's flight will go towards supplementing Tagg's hefty expenses travelling to Europe.
  3. equipment ($600+) - While the team is expected to have most of the equipment it needs to produce the event, extra equipment is necessary in order to make the experience. This includes audio and video equipment.
  4. travel reimbursement for other production members - Some of the members of production (such as dashner and mana) have already paid for their flights from their own pockets, and any extra money raised will be used to reimburse them for these costs.

Thus, we are asking for a base amount of $1,000 in order to cover the flights of Airon and Tagg (after processing fees). Reaching a stretch goal of $1,800 will allow us to acquire almost all of the equipment required for the production. Any money raised after this amount will be used to provide reimbursement.

You can contribute by donating money at our ImRaising page. Based on the amount you donate, you can have your name or even your logo featured in the credits for either Beyond the Hats or for the teamfortress.tv i55 production. The donation page has more details.

Fully Charged: EU Episode

Due to unfortunate situations that have popped out, including KevinIsPwn's withdrawal and some logistical issues with the tournament, the Fully Charged episode will be delayed until the situation has stabilized. We apologize and will announce a date here as soon as it is known.*

Thanks again for your continued support, and we look forward to producing an amazing event two months from now!

-5 Frags +

RIP Les Casters Dangereux BibleThump

RIP Les Casters Dangereux BibleThump
2 Frags +

It doesn't say so in the writeup but I'm assuming Admirable will be casting as well?

It doesn't say so in the writeup but I'm assuming Admirable will be casting as well?
1 Frags +

Nooooooooo how did I not know about this :(

Nooooooooo how did I not know about this :(
1 Frags +

beyond the hats looks pretty cool.

beyond the hats looks pretty cool.
0 Frags +

nah i think ads it just dodging lan again lol

nah i think ads it just dodging lan again lol
12 Frags +

He does actually have a stag weekend this time, but since he was the one planning it I'm thinking it's a fat dodge as well. He gets drained if he attends more than one lan every two years.

He does actually have a stag weekend this time, but since he was the one planning it I'm thinking it's a fat dodge as well. He gets drained if he attends more than one lan every two years.
1 Frags +

KevinIsPwn hype!

KevinIsPwn hype!
4 Frags +

how much do i donate to send dreamboat

how much do i donate to send dreamboat
1 Frags +

great stuff as per norm, expecting a high quality LAN.

great stuff as per norm, expecting a high quality LAN.
3 Frags +
THEBILLDOZERhow much do i donate to send dreamboat

I'd love that, but nobody would want that.

[quote=THEBILLDOZER]how much do i donate to send dreamboat[/quote]

I'd love that, but nobody would want that.
19 Frags +

we should open up a car wash for all the cute tf2 boys to fundraise

we should open up a car wash for all the cute tf2 boys to fundraise
3 Frags +

For BTH, something like the Smash documentary would be incredible, if Kev teamed up with someone like Googler it'd be pretty amazing

For BTH, something like the Smash documentary would be incredible, if Kev teamed up with someone like Googler it'd be pretty amazing
7 Frags +

Actually really enjoyed Taggs photos last time, hyped to see he's going again.

Actually really enjoyed Taggs photos last time, hyped to see he's going again.
11 Frags +

Why am I at the bottom of the list????????

????????

HELP

Why am I at the bottom of the list????????

????????

HELP
24 Frags +

People have messaged me why I am only down as "WARHURYEAH", it's because my name is now only WARHURYEAH.

Cheers,

WARHURYEAH.

People have messaged me why I am only down as "WARHURYEAH", it's because my name is now only WARHURYEAH.

Cheers,

WARHURYEAH.
12 Frags +

WAR "HUR" YEAH

WAR "HUR" YEAH
0 Frags +

why is sideshow called wilko what the hell

why is sideshow called wilko what the hell
3 Frags +

I feel like this will be the best LAN event to date in every aspect.

I feel like this will be the best LAN event to date in every aspect.
4 Frags +
torritwhy is sideshow called wilko what the hell

LOL I entered his name as Josh Willy Wilko when I invited him to Slack, guess these NA article nerds just checked that :D

[quote=torrit]why is sideshow called wilko what the hell[/quote]
LOL I entered his name as Josh Willy Wilko when I invited him to Slack, guess these NA article nerds just checked that :D
5 Frags +
AdmirableI feel like this will be the best LAN event to date in every aspect.

Ye I mean you're not there so it's bound to be

:O)

[quote=Admirable]I feel like this will be the best LAN event to date in every aspect.[/quote]

1 Frags +

Dammit, Admirable, stop sabotaging me. I'm bad with names as it is.

Dammit, Admirable, stop sabotaging me. I'm bad with names as it is.
2 Frags +
Herr_PAdmirableI feel like this will be the best LAN event to date in every aspect.

Amen to that! EU always lose when I attend :D

[quote=Herr_P][quote=Admirable]I feel like this will be the best LAN event to date in every aspect.[/quote]

:O)[/quote]
8 Frags +
Article(distinct lack of Admirable)

Never forget the great Insomnia Potato Famine of '55

[quote=Article](distinct lack of Admirable)[/quote]

Never forget the great Insomnia Potato Famine of '55
newbie.tf
1 Frags +

I'm going to be doing a stream thing tonight to try and bring some attention to the fundraiser. Feel free to stop by and ask a few questions about the doc.

Specifics will have to wait for Fully Charged, but I'm happy to talk about stuff.

I'm going to be doing a stream thing tonight to try and bring some attention to the fundraiser. Feel free to stop by and ask a few questions about the doc.

Specifics will have to wait for Fully Charged, but I'm happy to talk about stuff.
0 Frags +
AdmirableHerr_PAdmirableI feel like this will be the best LAN event to date in every aspect.

Didn't you attend i49?

[quote=Admirable][quote=Herr_P][quote=Admirable]I feel like this will be the best LAN event to date in every aspect.[/quote]

Amen to that! EU always lose when I attend :D[/quote]

Didn't you attend i49?
0 Frags +
HerganAdmirableHerr_PAdmirableI feel like this will be the best LAN event to date in every aspect.

Didn't you attend i49?

He didn't

[quote=Hergan][quote=Admirable][quote=Herr_P][quote=Admirable]I feel like this will be the best LAN event to date in every aspect.[/quote]

Amen to that! EU always lose when I attend :D[/quote]

Didn't you attend i49?[/quote]

He didn't
0 Frags +
WARHURYEAHPeople have messaged me why I am only down as "WARHURYEAH", it's because my name is now only WARHURYEAH.

Cheers,

WARHURYEAH.

im calling you that at lan now

[quote=WARHURYEAH]People have messaged me why I am only down as "WARHURYEAH", it's because my name is now only WARHURYEAH.

Cheers,

WARHURYEAH.[/quote]
1 Frags +
WARHURYEAHPeople have messaged me why I am only down as "WARHURYEAH", it's because my name is now only WARHURYEAH.

Cheers,

WARHURYEAH.

Mr. War H. Yeah, Esq.

[quote=WARHURYEAH]People have messaged me why I am only down as "WARHURYEAH", it's because my name is now only WARHURYEAH.

Cheers,

WARHURYEAH.[/quote]
Mr. War H. Yeah, Esq.
7 Frags +
AlfieWARHURYEAHPeople have messaged me why I am only down as "WARHURYEAH", it's because my name is now only WARHURYEAH.

Cheers,

WARHURYEAH.

Please don't pretend that we won't forget each other names after the first day and just go with nicks after that.

[quote=Alfie][quote=WARHURYEAH]People have messaged me why I am only down as "WARHURYEAH", it's because my name is now only WARHURYEAH.

Cheers,

WARHURYEAH.[/quote]
im calling you that at lan now[/quote]

Please don't pretend that we won't forget each other names after the first day and just go with nicks after that.
1 Frags +

What ever happend to VanillaTV?

What ever happend to VanillaTV?
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.