Completed
DATE
Sunday, Jun 28th
TIME
2:00 PM EDT
STREAM
TFTV
ABOUT

The end of June is upon us and with it the North American i55 fundraiser is drawing to a close with Froyotech reaching their goal of $6,000 and Ascent not far off! Join us as we present to you the second intercontinental showmatch between Ascent and The Last Resort to hype the insomnia55 LAN event in August and promote both team's fundraisers as they look to raise enough money to reach the event. Our casters for the event will also offer a sneak preview of the casts that will take place at the event itself, with both Gecks and Sideshow taking the mic after recently confirming their attendance at i55, as well as DavidTheWin manning production. See a sneak peek at the excitement that i55 will offer and help get Ascent and TLR to their final fundraiser goal!

Ascent Fundraiser | TLR Fundraiser | i55 Fundraiser Hub | SaloonTF | Cast Audio
i55 Showmatch #2: Ascent vs. The Last Resort
43 Frags +

S H A D O W B U R N

S H A D O W B U R N
43 Frags +

shadowburn > mabla

shadowburn > mabla
37 Frags +

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXoInDwZ1Bo

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXoInDwZ1Bo[/youtube]
22 Frags +

G E C K S
E
C
K
S

G E C K S
E
C
K
S
9 Frags +

'teeliyar' -merilin

'teeliyar' -merilin
32 Frags +

What will delay Herr_P from playing and force him to join for the second map this week? Will his train be delayed by American secret service agents trying to crush all hope for Europe at i55? Will KnOxXx slash his tires, revealing that joining Reason was a mere ruse so that he could sabotage them with his double-crossery to play Scout for TLR? Will he leave TLR to play pocket for Froyotech?

Find out next time on TeamFortressTV.

What will delay Herr_P from playing and force him to join for the second map this week? Will his train be delayed by American secret service agents trying to crush all hope for Europe at i55? Will KnOxXx slash his tires, revealing that joining Reason was a mere ruse so that he could sabotage them with his double-crossery to play Scout for TLR? Will he leave TLR to play pocket for Froyotech?

6 Frags +

https://saloon.tf/match/483/

https://saloon.tf/match/483/
24 Frags +
VanguardDLKWhat will delay Herr_P from playing and force him to join for the second map this week? Will his train be delayed by American secret service agents trying to crush all hope for Europe at i55? Will KnOxXx slash his tires, revealing that joining Reason was a mere ruse so that he could sabotage them with his double-crossery to play Scout for TLR? Will he leave TLR to play pocket for Froyotech?

Actually TLR will be playing the game instead of me (obviously nicking as TLR TLR i55.tf/TLR). This whole team business has been a ruse to allow him to get his revenge on his dirty american breathren.

[quote=VanguardDLK]What will delay Herr_P from playing and force him to join for the second map this week? Will his train be delayed by American secret service agents trying to crush all hope for Europe at i55? Will KnOxXx slash his tires, revealing that joining Reason was a mere ruse so that he could sabotage them with his double-crossery to play Scout for TLR? Will he leave TLR to play pocket for Froyotech?

Find out next time on TeamFortressTV.[/quote]

Actually TLR will be playing the game instead of me (obviously nicking as TLR TLR i55.tf/TLR). This whole team business has been a ruse to allow him to get his revenge on his dirty american breathren.
0 Frags +

Servers and map picks same as last time I assume?

Servers and map picks same as last time I assume?
17 Frags +

Already picking out songs for the preshow my mix is gonna be fire get at me

Already picking out songs for the preshow my mix is gonna be fire get at me
1 Frags +
Chill_ColinsServers and map picks same as last time I assume?

We're trying to improve on it actually, since the EU map was a total roll. Having 2 players on NA with 200 ping, 4 players with 100 and everyone from EU on 20 isn't fair. Not many other options though...open to suggestions!

[quote=Chill_Colins]Servers and map picks same as last time I assume?[/quote]

We're trying to improve on it actually, since the EU map was a total roll. Having 2 players on NA with 200 ping, 4 players with 100 and everyone from EU on 20 isn't fair. Not many other options though...open to suggestions!
2 Frags +

Mumbai

Mumbai
-8 Frags +

I've said it before and I'll say it again, use an AU server

300 ping for eu, 200 for na what's the difference???

I've said it before and I'll say it again, use an AU server

8 Frags +

use a server in the middle of the Atlantic

use a server in the middle of the Atlantic
45 Frags +
riot124300 ping for eu, 200 for na what's the difference???

[quote=riot124]300 ping for eu, 200 for na what's the difference???[/quote]
-1 Frags +

Hong Kong / Singapore servers

Hong Kong / Singapore servers
0 Frags +
riot124I've said it before and I'll say it again, use an AU server

200 is almost playable, 300 is not. That's the difference.

[quote=riot124]I've said it before and I'll say it again, use an AU server

300 ping for eu, 200 for na what's the difference???[/quote]
200 is almost playable, 300 is not. That's the difference.
0 Frags +

I don't see a problem with the system used in the first showmatch to be honest, it seems fair for everyone that isn't a west coast player :\

I don't see a problem with the system used in the first showmatch to be honest, it seems fair for everyone that isn't a west coast player :\
4 Frags +

Distances:
San Francisco (a random city on the west coast) - New York: 4.128,86 km
Moscow (I dunno where Shadowburn exactly lives) - New York: 7.509,78 km
Berlin (a random city in the center of Europe) - New York: 6.384,80 km
San Francisco - Lisbon (a random city on the EU west coast): 9.117,10 km
San Francisco - Reikiavich: 6.757,71 km
Moscow - Reichiavich: 3.305,50 km

Conclusion: Play with an Iceland server!

Distances:

3 Frags +
Herganshadowburn > mabla

But is shadowburn a hypebeast with beautiful hair?
I guess we will find out at i55

[quote=Hergan]shadowburn > mabla[/quote]
But is shadowburn a hypebeast with beautiful hair?
I guess we will find out at i55
1 Frags +
cirloDistances:

Icelandic servers are routed through the UK, so it would increase the ping for both europeans and americans.

[quote=cirlo]Distances:

Conclusion: Play with an Iceland server![/quote]

Icelandic servers are routed through the UK, so it would increase the ping for both europeans and americans.
2 Frags +
cirloDistances:
Berlin (a random city in the center of central Europe) - New York: 6.384,80 km

FTFY: Europe doesn't end on the russian border, center of it is either in Belarus or Estonia depending on if you only count continental Europe or islands too :P

[quote=cirlo]Distances:
Berlin (a random city in the [s]center of[/s] central Europe) - New York: 6.384,80 km

Conclusion: Play with an Iceland server![/quote]
FTFY: Europe doesn't end on the russian border, center of it is either in Belarus or Estonia depending on if you only count continental Europe or islands too :P
1 Frags +

Pretty sure Iceland has routing striaght to NA as well, though most players are routed through the UK when playing on NA servers or something.

Pretty sure Iceland has routing striaght to NA as well, though most players are routed through the UK when playing on NA servers or something.
0 Frags +
HallowPretty sure Iceland has routing striaght to NA as well, though most players are routed through the UK when playing on NA servers or something.

No, it goes to Greenland and then to the NA, but connects to Newfoundland

[quote=Hallow]Pretty sure Iceland has routing striaght to NA as well, though most players are routed through the UK when playing on NA servers or something.[/quote]
No, it goes to Greenland and then to the NA, but connects to Newfoundland
0 Frags +

Otherwise an Irish server would be 8000 km from San Francisco (that is almost the same distance of moscow from nyc), but i don't know how's rutered...

Otherwise an Irish server would be 8000 km from San Francisco (that is almost the same distance of moscow from nyc), but i don't know how's rutered...
0 Frags +
cirloOtherwise an Irish server would be 8000 km from San Francisco (that is almost the same distance of moscow from nyc), but i don't know how's rutered...

There's only 6,000 km to the centrosphere from any point of the world. This is the way to go!
With the speed of light the packet will go there and back in 40 ms.

[quote=cirlo]Otherwise an Irish server would be 8000 km from San Francisco (that is almost the same distance of moscow from nyc), but i don't know how's rutered...[/quote]
There's only 6,000 km to the centrosphere from any point of the world. This is the way to go!
With the speed of light the packet will go there and back in 40 ms.
1 Frags +

You're never going to get fairer ping for NA players on the west coast, the country they live in is too big. Where do ascent live? I think Dallas servers would probably be most fair from an east-west perspective but Ascent might live way further north than that in which case idk Chicago would be marginally better than NY?
In Europe play on a French server or one of the more dodgy German servers so everyone European has shit routing.

You're never going to get fairer ping for NA players on the west coast, the country they live in is too big. Where do ascent live? I think Dallas servers would probably be most fair from an east-west perspective but Ascent might live way further north than that in which case idk Chicago would be marginally better than NY?
In Europe play on a French server or one of the more dodgy German servers so everyone European has shit routing.
3 Frags +
Herr_PActually TLR will be playing the game instead of me (obviously nicking as TLR TLR i55.tf/TLR). This whole team business has been a ruse to allow him to get his revenge on his dirty american breathren.

I can't decide whether I prefer to read that as "tee-ell-are tee-ell-are", "tee-lee-are tee-ell-are" (Mirelin <3) or just "Tyler Tyler".

Maybe Tyler Tyler can be Blaze and TLR's new ultiduo team/hit pop duo.

[quote=Herr_P]Actually TLR will be playing the game instead of me (obviously nicking as TLR TLR i55.tf/TLR). This whole team business has been a ruse to allow him to get his revenge on his dirty american breathren.[/quote]

I can't decide whether I prefer to read that as "tee-ell-are tee-ell-are", "tee-lee-are tee-ell-are" (Mirelin <3) or just "Tyler Tyler".

Maybe Tyler Tyler can be Blaze and TLR's new ultiduo team/hit pop duo.
10 Frags +

maybe na got rolled on eu server cuz they're inherently inferior

maybe na got rolled on eu server cuz they're inherently inferior
5 Frags +
ZestyYou're never going to get fairer ping for NA players on the west coast, the country they live in is too big. Where do ascent live? I think Dallas servers would probably be most fair from an east-west perspective but Ascent might live way further north than that in which case idk Chicago would be marginally better than NY?

I think we used a chicago server for the mad men showmatch and it was basically unplayable.

[quote=Zesty]You're never going to get fairer ping for NA players on the west coast, the country they live in is too big. Where do ascent live? I think Dallas servers would probably be most fair from an east-west perspective but Ascent might live way further north than that in which case idk Chicago would be marginally better than NY?
In Europe play on a French server or one of the more dodgy German servers so everyone European has shit routing.[/quote]

I think we used a chicago server for the mad men showmatch and it was basically unplayable.
1 2 3 4
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.