Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3 4 ⋅⋅ 8
Pre-season highlander gossip
1 Frags +

So with UGC ending the summer season, what's happening to the teams next season? So far I've heard that the Syndicate is looking to beef up their roster in a big way - heard from Stabby himself!

What's happening to the teams? Who's breaking up, who's coming back?

So with UGC ending the summer season, what's happening to the teams next season? So far I've heard that the Syndicate is looking to beef up their roster in a big way - heard from Stabby himself!

What's happening to the teams? Who's breaking up, who's coming back?
4 Frags +

I think it's less the syndicate beefing up and more stabby going to a different team, I didn't realize they were keeping the name...that's all I can say right now on that

some changes I know of:

bonus! is moving hugh laurie to sniper to replace watt who is presumably going back to gg, with snake kryptonite on scout again

tangerine is going back to tryhard mode, and I've heard powah will be sniping for them!

I think it's less the syndicate beefing up and more stabby going to a different team, I didn't realize they were keeping the name...that's all I can say right now on that

some changes I know of:

bonus! is moving hugh laurie to sniper to replace watt who is presumably going back to gg, with snake kryptonite on scout again

tangerine is going back to tryhard mode, and I've heard powah will be sniping for them!
0 Frags +

I've seen Hugh beast on demo, I thought. How good is he on sniper?

I've seen Hugh beast on demo, I thought. How good is he on sniper?
3 Frags +

Not sure if the Syndicate name is staying, but I do know I was asked to join a "dream team" with stabby and vhalin. They definitely have something in the works.

The 3-invite limit is rumored to be removed, so we can expect at least one team (maybe lead by m4risa?) of top-level players. Will be interesting to see if the already established teams change up their rosters to accommodate.

Our team (Tangerine) has picked up djc on engy and (possibly/most likely) powah sniping as mustard said.

Not sure if the Syndicate name is staying, but I do know I was asked to join a "dream team" with stabby and vhalin. They definitely have something in the works.

The 3-invite limit is rumored to be removed, so we can expect at least one team (maybe lead by m4risa?) of top-level players. Will be interesting to see if the already established teams change up their rosters to accommodate.

Our team (Tangerine) has picked up djc on engy and (possibly/most likely) powah sniping as mustard said.
29 Frags +

and by "lead by m4risa" you mean m4risa will brag about it while harbleu invites all his friends

and by "lead by m4risa" you mean m4risa will brag about it while harbleu invites all his friends
2 Frags +

You said it, not me ;)

You said it, not me ;)
1 Frags +

The invite limit gone? Have we reached the promised land, Huey?

The invite limit gone? Have we reached the promised land, Huey?
6 Frags +

I'm cautiously optimistic! I hope that there will be teams able to compete with a 9-invite player team, but realistically there will only be a couple who can. There are a lot of solid teams that have trouble competing with the top three right now. And I just can't imagine many teams being able to get 9 together often enough for the practice necessary to take down invites.

That said, if the invites don't practice, a few teams have a pretty fair shot, on certain maps at least. See the USA nations cup team. We had better players for sure, but just got slightly edged out due to not knowing map strategies. Ping was obviously an issue too, but the games were close enough that I felt we could have won easily with a better plan.

I'm cautiously optimistic! I hope that there will be teams able to compete with a 9-invite player team, but realistically there will only be a couple who can. There are a lot of solid teams that have trouble competing with the top three right now. And I just can't imagine many teams being able to get 9 together often enough for the practice necessary to take down invites.

That said, if the invites don't practice, a few teams have a pretty fair shot, on certain maps at least. See the USA nations cup team. We had better players for sure, but just got slightly edged out due to not knowing map strategies. Ping was obviously an issue too, but the games were close enough that I felt we could have won easily with a better plan.
0 Frags +

#3 i've never played demo only scout/sniper/heavy

i'd say my sniper is better than my scout but i haven't been playing it much since i've been focusing on getting my scout better for esea-im

#3 i've never played demo only scout/sniper/heavy

i'd say my sniper is better than my scout but i haven't been playing it much since i've been focusing on getting my scout better for esea-im
0 Frags +

sal, I think you're mixing up players a bit.

bonus! has hugh on scout and collide on demo, it's just both of them are on the same 6s team

sal, I think you're mixing up players a bit.

bonus! has hugh on scout and collide on demo, it's just both of them are on the same 6s team
1 Frags +

Looking is most likely going to have seagull on soldier. Bman will be back on scout as ruwin will probably not come back. I don't think a lot of people give bman enough credit though just because he isn't ruwin. Ruwin he is not, but he'll still shit on you regardless.

Looking is most likely going to have seagull on soldier. Bman will be back on scout as ruwin will probably not come back. I don't think a lot of people give bman enough credit though just because he isn't ruwin. Ruwin he is not, but he'll still shit on you regardless.
5 Frags +
mustardoverlordsal, I think you're mixing up players a bit.

OK honestly when has that EVER happened to me?

[quote=mustardoverlord]sal, I think you're mixing up players a bit. [/quote]

OK honestly when has that EVER happened to me?
0 Frags +

Hugh plays some mean goldrush pub demo ;) to be fair to Sal

Hugh plays some mean goldrush pub demo ;) to be fair to Sal
7 Frags +

stabby broke away from my planned team to recreate -ts- with vhalin

invite limit may be lifted, waiting for an official announcement from ugc

im not really planning anything special so if someone tells you that then they are lying

stabby broke away from my planned team to recreate -ts- with vhalin

invite limit may be lifted, waiting for an official announcement from ugc

im not really planning anything special so if someone tells you that then they are lying
0 Frags +

oh yeah new -ts- is a big thing if people don't know

vhalin soldier, sweater demo, mr. slin medic

oh yeah new -ts- is a big thing if people don't know

vhalin soldier, sweater demo, mr. slin medic
0 Frags +
clorgand by "lead by m4risa" you mean m4risa will brag about it while harbleu invites all his friends

actually for the nations cup i invited everyone, harbleu just sat on his lazy ass and did nothing except argue with hildreth to transfer captain to us. same with hl.tf2 in season 5 of ugc highlander. in fact, i first met harbleu when i asked him to play with me in season 5 ugc.

[quote=clorg]and by "lead by m4risa" you mean m4risa will brag about it while harbleu invites all his friends[/quote]

actually for the nations cup i invited everyone, harbleu just sat on his lazy ass and did nothing except argue with hildreth to transfer captain to us. same with hl.tf2 in season 5 of ugc highlander. in fact, i first met harbleu when i asked him to play with me in season 5 ugc.
0 Frags +

Project X looking to win AT LEAST one more game than we lose. Calling it right now, pX S8 Silver 12th place. You heard it here first.

Project X looking to win AT LEAST one more game than we lose. Calling it right now, pX S8 Silver 12th place. You heard it here first.
0 Frags +

http://www.ugcleague.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12017

http://www.ugcleague.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12017
1 Frags +

Good change to Platinum, Inf... I wholly support this. Almost makes up for those S7 maps ;-)

Good change to Platinum, Inf... I wholly support this. Almost makes up for those S7 maps ;-)
-3 Frags +
m4risastabby broke away from my planned team to recreate -ts- with vhalin

For the longest time I thought -ts- meant Team Stabby :P

[quote=m4risa]stabby broke away from my planned team to recreate -ts- with vhalin[/quote]
For the longest time I thought -ts- meant Team Stabby :P
0 Frags +

Rumor is they will be playing less "special needs kids" maps this season. :O

Rumor is they will be playing less "special needs kids" maps this season. :O
0 Frags +

if they put that newer canalzone in i will rage

if they put that newer canalzone in i will rage
0 Frags +

if they have any custom map i will puke.
except like follower and ones that are basically offical

if they have any custom map i will puke.
except like follower and ones that are basically offical
5 Frags +

Three new big additions this season. The Syndicate (led by stabbystabby) featuring vhalin and sweater have a very potent lineup of players. Menace to Society has a disgusting roster featuring moose on scout, harbleu on soldier, enigma on pyro, platinum on demo, oplaid on heavy, marisa on sniper, and jerr0 on spy(jerr0 is one of the best spies in UGC right now). Gorgeous gamers are the last addition. They are truktruk's team featuring Dave_AC, clckwrk, seanbud, lansky, lange, hero, cyzer, and TLR.

Three new big additions this season. The Syndicate (led by stabbystabby) featuring vhalin and sweater have a very potent lineup of players. Menace to Society has a disgusting roster featuring moose on scout, harbleu on soldier, enigma on pyro, platinum on demo, oplaid on heavy, marisa on sniper, and jerr0 on spy(jerr0 is one of the best spies in UGC right now). Gorgeous gamers are the last addition. They are truktruk's team featuring Dave_AC, clckwrk, seanbud, lansky, lange, hero, cyzer, and TLR.
-1 Frags +

of course m4risa is on a team harb's on.

of course m4risa is on a team harb's on.
2 Frags +

i first met harbleu when i asked him to play highlander with me a year ago

thank u tf2

i first met harbleu when i asked him to play highlander with me a year ago

thank u tf2
0 Frags +

both invite and platinum highlander will be so much fun this season

both invite and platinum highlander will be so much fun this season
-2 Frags +

This coming from the guy who voted for ctf_mach4 for Season 8 =] <3

[quote]Good change to Platinum, Inf... I wholly support this. Almost makes up for those S7 maps ;-)[/quote]

This coming from the guy who voted for ctf_mach4 for Season 8 =] <3
1 Frags +
infinite-This coming from the guy who voted for ctf_mach4 for Season 8 =] <3

wacky races 2013 summer season

[quote=infinite-]This coming from the guy who voted for ctf_mach4 for Season 8 =] <3[/quote]

wacky races 2013 summer season
1 Frags +

S9 rumors gogogo

S9 rumors gogogo
1 2 3 4 ⋅⋅ 8
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.