Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
Issue with demos viewmodel
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

I'm recording some stuff and I am having this issue on some old (1y+) demos, anyone knows how to solve it?

I really wanna record this properly with the viewmodel.

http://i.imgur.com/cL7YDnv.png

I'm recording some stuff and I am having this issue on some old (1y+) demos, anyone knows how to solve it?

I really wanna record this properly with the viewmodel.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/cL7YDnv.png[/img]
-2 Frags +

in theory you could record it without viewmodels and then try to overlay a viewmodel?

in theory you could record it without viewmodels and then try to overlay a viewmodel?
0 Frags +

Actually after putting some thought into it I think I know how it could be done, if you add me on steam I can explain to you my idea

Actually after putting some thought into it I think I know how it could be done, if you add me on steam I can explain to you my idea
2 Frags +

the problem is if I were to record viewmodels separatly, specially this frag, with kritz, is kinda hard to get with kritzed viewmodel, and the green screen is extra work, and if in SFM even worse

the problem is if I were to record viewmodels separatly, specially this frag, with kritz, is kinda hard to get with kritzed viewmodel, and the green screen is extra work, and if in SFM even worse
6 Frags +

do the two viewmodels overlap? if not, maybe you could record it twice, one with the viewmodel and one without, and just like make the one with viewmodels just the right side and then put it over the one without? i dont know if thats a thing you can do, but its something.

do the two viewmodels overlap? if not, maybe you could record it twice, one with the viewmodel and one without, and just like make the one with viewmodels just the right side and then put it over the one without? i dont know if thats a thing you can do, but its something.
2 Frags +

Why don't we actually try and diagnose the issue?

Does this model seem to be affected by viewmodel_fov, r_drawviewmodel, or cl_first_person_uses_world_model?

Why don't we actually try and diagnose the issue?

Does this model seem to be affected by viewmodel_fov, r_drawviewmodel, or cl_first_person_uses_world_model?
0 Frags +
yttriumWhy don't we actually try and diagnose the issue?

The only viewmodel settings im using on demo playback is
viewmodel_fov_demo 70
demo_fov_override 90

I doubt this is the problem.

THEBILLDOZERdo the two viewmodels overlap? if not, maybe you could record it twice, one with the viewmodel and one without, and just like make the one with viewmodels just the right side and then put it over the one without? i dont know if thats a thing you can do, but its something.

this would work if the viewmodel and the bugged viewmodel didnt overlap like they do.

[quote=yttrium]Why don't we actually try and diagnose the issue?

Does this model seem to be affected by viewmodel_fov, r_drawviewmodel, or cl_first_person_uses_world_model?[/quote]

The only viewmodel settings im using on demo playback is
viewmodel_fov_demo 70
demo_fov_override 90

I doubt this is the problem.

[quote=THEBILLDOZER]do the two viewmodels overlap? if not, maybe you could record it twice, one with the viewmodel and one without, and just like make the one with viewmodels just the right side and then put it over the one without? i dont know if thats a thing you can do, but its something.[/quote]

this would work if the viewmodel and the bugged viewmodel didnt overlap like they do.
1 Frags +

I went to record these bugged demos again (with not viewmodel) but by chance these viewmodel issues are fixed, can anyone try with a bugged demo they had and confirm to me?

I went to record these bugged demos again (with not viewmodel) but by chance these viewmodel issues are fixed, can anyone try with a bugged demo they had and confirm to me?
1 Frags +
KanecoI went to record these bugged demos again (with not viewmodel) but by chance these viewmodel issues are fixed, can anyone try with a bugged demo they had and confirm to me?

probably was just a bug in the game itself, valve breaks shit all the time. it's probably just been fixed by a patch.

[quote=Kaneco]I went to record these bugged demos again (with not viewmodel) but by chance these viewmodel issues are fixed, can anyone try with a bugged demo they had and confirm to me?[/quote]
probably was just a bug in the game itself, valve breaks shit all the time. it's probably just been fixed by a patch.
-1 Frags +

inb4 valve read this thread

inb4 valve read this thread
2 Frags +

I'm not sure if I have the right idea, but there are some old viewmodels from before the love and war update( this update added new view models at the time iirc) that you can try but looking at that screenshot it appears to be even older. If suggest using the tf2s beta options were they allow you to run tf2 from before said update as well as looking for the old school view model fixes in the etf2l forums movies section as well.

Hopefully some combination can help you

I'm not sure if I have the right idea, but there are some old viewmodels from before the love and war update( this update added new view models at the time iirc) that you can try but looking at that screenshot it appears to be even older. If suggest using the tf2s beta options were they allow you to run tf2 from before said update as well as looking for the old school view model fixes in the etf2l forums movies section as well.

Hopefully some combination can help you
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.